Search for Eating Disorders in Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine
Physician-authored summaries on the latest research on anorexia bulimia eating disorders, editorials on anorexia bulimia eating disorders, and perspectives on anorexia bulimia eating disorders - drawn from the top medical journals.
- A review of new information on classification and diagnosis, pathogenesis, complications, and treatments for eating disorders
- Appearance-related teasing has been cited as a potential risk factor for disordered body image and eating behaviors. To evaluate the prevalence and effects of teasing . . .
- Keery H et al., J Adolesc Health 2005 Aug; 37:120-7.
- Vomiting to control weight was linked with irregular menses in teens of moderate weight without diagnosed eating disorders.
- Austin SB et al., J Adolesc Health 2008 May; 42:450.
- Are adolescents with eating disorders "just going through a phase," or are they exhibiting behavioral markers for long-term health problems? To determine the association between . . .
- Johnson JG et al., Arch Gen Psychiatry 2002 Jun; 59:545-52.